Friday, August 07, 2009

The moment

With my PhD, I have also declared myself as an MS Office (Master of Science in Microsoft Office). This omnipresent software is the bane of many a report due to the fact that it has a mind of its own. I decided to confer the degree on myself for the relative ease with which I compiled my whole dissertation. However, the moment of truth arrived when I realized that some of my tables had some extra space when compared to all the rest. A million different techniques (changing the paragraph settings and 999,999 other trials) later I found it neatly tucked in the table layout tab under the section for cell size after pressing the radio button labelled positioning where there were two ways to format the space. The moment I found it, the realization struck me - I was ready to graduate.

PS: It still beats me why Microsoft need to place 4 different ways to format the space before a table and then auto format extra space in some tables using the least used of the 4 tools.

No comments: