Monday, August 04, 2008

Did not touch gator - No longer an issue with me


I was in New Orleans a month ago and went to the swamp where they take you on a tour, get you up close with some gators and even let you touch them. Our tour guide told us that gators are not as dangerous as crocs. A few of us touched a gator. I missed him as he swam away. We saw quite a few gators on that trip including one called 'Big Joe'. Now normally I would not recollect a persons name, let alone an alligator name a month from 'meeting' him fleetingly. However, I just read about the boy whose hand got bitten off by an alligator. The alligator, 'Big Joe' was caught and gutted to get back the kids arm which was then sewed back on. Now I do not feel so bad that I did not get to touch that gator............yup its a bit selfish but as Ross would say, thats all fine after you have had a 'near death experience'

No comments: