Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thank you all

Before, I begin my PhD hypotheses series, I would like to thank all of you for your support during my PhD either personally or by reading and commenting on this blog. I would like to begin the series as any dissertation begins - With my Acknowledgements

Acknowledgements

Four years of madness

Four years of studies

Could it be done without you?

Heck no! Puhleez!


This is to my guru, he who guided me

Gave me the freedom and asked questions when need be

For all of this and the wisdom that you bestowed on me

Dear Dr. Morgan, I thank ye


For questioning, guiding, encouraging

And hopefully passing me

I would like to thank you

Drs. Narsimhan, Corvalan and Ferruzzi


Forever helpful, always resourceful

Thank you for your help Benjamin Paxson

I thank Steve Smith for the pilot plant he runs

I have borrowed from it often, thanks for not coming behind me with a gun


For devoting your time and expertise to me

I wish to thank thee

Amy, Ben, Mandar, Deepak, Cynthia, Nirupama

Kingsley, Vaishnavi, Dhananjay and Madhuvanti


In the past four years

In FS I would roam

Its faculty staff, students, I thank you

For making me feel at home


All work and no play

Would have made Shriram a dull boy

My roommates and friends at Purdue and beyond

I thank you for providing the joy


The love of my life, my darling wife

A supportive friend, my guiding light

Thanks for always showing me Tejaswini

That the end of the tunnel was in sight


My parents, my sisters

As the youngest of the three

I thank you from the bottom of my heart

For always being there for me


4 comments:

Narendra said...

very touchy...they should allow poems in acknowledgements...

Shriram Paranjpe said...

They do...........this is my actual PhD acknowledgements

Sayali said...

woww Sriram...very impressive poem!!

Shriram Paranjpe said...

Thanks Sayali :)