Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Proof that my blog is famous!

I mistyped the address to my blog recently and typed http://sparstgo.blogpot.com/ instead of http://sparstgo.blogspot.com/ and was surprised on seeing a Christian website turning up. My first thought was that my account must have been hacked but then I realized that I had mistyped. This brought me to the realization that my blog is a popular website. People are registering websites with minor changes to the address just to get website hits when someone is trying to access my blog. Finally I had proof of what I knew all along that Shriram Paranjpe is the great one (S Par s T G O).

PS: To be honest, I never did think that my blog was hacked because I know people have better targets and the first thing I did once I saw the spam site was to check blogpot.com and sure enough I got the same website (I call it spam not due to the content but because you get the same website for abcd.blogpot.com irrespective of what abcd is. This would not happen for a regular website). So, it is blogspot that they are trying to imitate, not my blog. But hey, it makes for a good story so why let it off.

No comments: