Monday, March 30, 2009

The book excerpt begins

Starting today, I begin with the excerpts from Yash's book. Copyright for this blog is still mine since the book has not yet been written and the words are not Yash's (the fact that the book may never get written does not take the exclusivity that this blog enjoys away, does it?)

"The reason I initiated work on this book leads back to that dull, cloudy day in March of 2009, when after a drab day at work, I arrived home to a ticket of $124 for toll violations that I did not know I had committed in Illinois and a bill of ${read the book} from a healthcare provider which had gotten the number wrong for the 6th time.

"Now maybe the toll violation was in line, after all they did have a picture of my car on the ticket. But what I do not get is how a country that can take pictures of people missing tolls, find them and send them tickets cannot send a (formerly) sick person a bill for the right amount. This, after calling them after every wrong bill. I have bills for 6 different amounts, none of them anywhere close to the amount I am supposed to be paying. I guess this is one of the reasons I prefer India, you still get a bill for the wrong amount but atleast you can safely violate a few traffic rules (as can be seend here) and get over your frustration."

No comments: